AML – BANKA CELJE D.D.
- Slovene Commercial Bank,
- Banka Celje, d.d. Vodnikova 2, 3000 Celje, Slovenia,
- Joint stock company,
- Tax number: VAT SI89734912,
- Registry number: 5026121,
- Privately owned,
- Branches and agencies: 32 domestic, no foreign,
- Not present on the stock exchange,
- Main activity is universal banking; special reference:
- main import partners: Germany, Austria, Italy, Croatia, Hungary,
- main export partners: Germany, Austria, France, Croatia, Italy.
- Regulatory bodies: Internal Audit, Supervisory Board (in-house) and on the country level Bank of Slovenia. We also have an internal Anti-money Laundering Office. External auditors: PricewaterHouseCoopers.
- Our website: www.banka-celje.si.
- Our annual reports and interim financials are obtainable online.
- The bank's policy on money laundering prevention is in line with the Slovene Law on money laundering prevention – attainable at http://www.uppd.gov.si/fileadmin/uppd.gov.si/pageuploads/zakonodaja/Slovenian_AML_CFT_law_2007.pdf (money laundering is considered a crime) and includes all decrees for revealing any actions that would hide the source of cash or funds acquired with any sort of criminal offence (money laundering) and the decrees for prevetion of such actions as well.
The bank is aware of the dangers of losing reputation in case of possible misuse of its business for money laundering and has in accordance with this adopted a policy, procedures and control that dissuade criminals from using different products or services for the purposes of money laundering.
- Our Patriot Act Certificate is obtainable online.
- All international business is done through the Financial Markets Divison (contact: Peter Jančič tel.: +386 3 422 1036, fax: +386 3 422 1032), where all urgent enquiries are dealt with also.
- We have a compliance office set up within the bank, as well as a compliance officer, whose name and contact details cannot be disclosed due to the fact they are considered a business secret. We have decided to only have a single entry point for any correspondence or information required regarding AML (see details above), the actual officer however is another person in the bank. We find this sort of organisation works best for us, which is why as a rule we do not disclose information on the AML officer (this was decided for the sake of safety of the actual officer and to have a sort of screening process in place, which only allows for the queries etc. directly connected to the expertise of the officer to be forwarded).
- Both, the documents explaining the bank's policy and the procedures for preventing money laundering, can unfortunately not be forwarded since they are considered to be the bank's business secret.
- We have got an internal staff training programme.
- Reference to politically exposed persons is not specifically made, however we do check our clients and if any of such are presumed suspicious, their account is frozen as well as their funds on it. In this regard the UN recommendations are followed.
Our bank provides correspondent services to other financial institutions in the same currency. These institutions are checked as regards their ratings and business conduct in accordance with the legislature and regulations by the competent institutions. Banks are controlled as far as all the relevant documents are concerned.
- We have a conformity programme that contains AML/KYC policies and procedures, the documents are however considered a business secret and cannot be sent by mail.
- We comply with FATF and we follow UN recommendations.
- Our regulations and the Bank of Slovenia recommendations do not forbid dealings with shell banks, our bank, however does not conduct business with them.
|Legal name||BANKA CELJE D.D. |
|Management Board||Mr. Dušan Drofenik – M.A., President and CEO|
|Mr. Davorin Leskovar – Vice President and Deputy CEO|
|Mr. Aleksander Vozel – M.A., Member of the Management Board|
|Legal form||Joint stock company|
|Board of Directors|| |
Meta Klemenčič (General Manager, Ljubljana Main Branch),
Bojan Salobir (Executive Director)
Vojko Božiček (General Manager, Information Technology Division),
Maja Domitrovič (General Manager, Financial Markets Division),
Robert Vrenko (General Manager, Retail Division),
Nataša Knafelc Zohar (General Manager, Internal Audit Division),
Uroš Goričan (Executive Director),
Anica Lednik (General Manager, Accounting Division),
Andreja Mačkovšek (General Manager, Corporate Division),
Stojan Hostnik (General Manager, Risk Management Division),
Bojan Zadravec (General Manager, Legal Office & Compliance Division),
Tatjana Lah Blažič (General Manager, Payments & Support Division),
Greta Malec (General Manager, Human Resources & Organisation Services)