Presentation of the Bank
Banka Celje d.d. is an independent bank, established as a joint-stock company to perform all banking and other financial services in conformity with the Banking Law and Companies Law.
Registered Office of the Bank
The bank is located at Vodnikova 2, Celje.
Scope of Operations
Ever since the establishment of its independent activity, the bank has had the corresponding authorisation to operate. The bank performs the following banking services in Slovenia and abroad:
- Holding deposits from individual clients and legal entities, and giving loans from these assets for its own account;
- Operations legally permitted to be performed exclusively by banks. Besides the banking operations described above, the bank performs other financial operations, namely:
- Issuing guarantees and other commitments,
- Trading in foreign currencies, including exchange operations,
- Trading in derivatives,
- Issuing and administering other payment instruments (e.g. credit cards, traveller’s cheques, bills of exchange),
- Renting out safe deposit boxes on the bank's premises,
- Mediation in the sale of insurance policies in compliance with the law on insurance companies, payment transaction operations.
Bodies of the Bank
- General Assembly
- Supervisory Board
- Management Board.
The General Assembly is the highest body that enables shareholders to exercise their rights in the affairs of the bank. The Supervisory Board is composed of six members, nominated and removed by the General Assembly. The Management Board has three members. The President and two other members are nominated by the Supervisory Board.
Milestones in development
1864 established as a Municipal Savings Bank
1971 merged with LB and became the LB Celje Branch
1989 became a joint stock company, under the name of LB Splošna Banka Celje d.d. and operated as a subsidiary within the Ljubljanska Banka group until 1994
1994 became an independent bank and the name changed to Banka Celje d.d.
1996 the Bank took over Banka Noricum d.d. Ljubljana and transformed it into a main branch
1997 a banking group was established with Hmezad Banka, which was followed by an acquisition of the Bank in October 1998
1999 the Agreement on a strategic partnership with Nova Ljubljanska Banka d.d. was signed
2004 celebrated 140th anniversary.
2009 new business unit opened in Maribor
2010 new business unit opened in Koper